Over the past few years several companies in different industries shifted the way of obtaining additional capacities to a much more flexible one. The emergence of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) brought the tools Equipment manufacturers (OEMs) needed to develop and implement disruptive new business models like Equipment-as-a-service (EaaS) based on the data produced on their machinery.
Customers of those innovative OEMs immediately benefit from several advantages of these so called “Equipment-as-a-service” offerings:
- Transforming CAPEX to OPEX: Especially in uncertain times like these, where visibility is missing and “cash is king” throughout the company, you rather want to have variable payments/operational expenditures (OPEX) instead of a huge initial capital expenditure (CAPEX) when you have to grow your business.
- Eliminate the investment hurdle: if you just pay for usage, nobody will ask for Return of Investment (ROI).
- Increased flexibility: Equipment-as-a-service (EaaS) end users have more flexibility to scale their operations up or down as their demands change.
- Higher uptime of your machine: Increased transparency through real-time monitoring of equipment usage data enables better service & maintenance performed by the OEM.
- Asset disposal is not your business: Suppliers retain responsibility for disposing of the asset and are often better-equipped to re-use or recycle the asset. This and also the other benefits mentioned will lead to an overall Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)!
What can you do as an industrial company if you are still very much relying on the purchase of equipment compared to just paying what is produced? Get in contact with the team of Findustrial and we start the journey with you and your equipment suppliers!